Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Tag Team in Tabitha House! - Megan Anderson (aka Indy)






Today the team split into two groups. One group went to the city dump, and another group stayed at the Tabitha House. I stayed at the Tabitha House. The Tabitha House is a ministry that is similar to a day care. It is a place where women leave their children when they go to "work" these women could sell drugs, or be prostitutes. Its a really rough situation, and these children experience this daily. Its so heartbreaking, yet some of these kids are the happiest kids I have ever met. These children need two things, the gospel and to be loved on.For me the language barrier was extremely difficult because I wanted to talk to them so bad. These kids come from broken homes and an extremely impoverished environment. We could not even begin to comprehend what kind of things these children have to deal with. Today God showed me how to die to self in some areas of my life. Its not about me or you its about His will being done, sharing the gospel with people and living for Him daily by pursuing a love relationship with Him. He showed me part of that through kids hanging on my back constantly. These kids are very young and have no one to love on them or play with them or show them any attention. It was a really humbling experience to have 5 little Guatemalan children hanging on my neck giggling and yelling "Indy, Indy" they need someone to love them in ways that people can't.They just like us need a relationship with Jesus Christ. And I am so so glad God has given me the opportunity to be His hands and feet and sit and love on those kids. To show the love of Christ with my actions and proclaim Him with my lips. Because the situations these kids come from will literally break your heart. And God is calling people to