Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Loving on those in need




Last week I went to Santa Rosa. This was my third time there, but my second time to do VBS. I went last year and became friends with a boy named Gabriel. I didn't want to go last year because I wanted to go to Covered Wells. I had a good relationship with all the people in Covered Wells, so I wanted to do VBS there. I knew God was calling me to Santa Rosa last year, but I didn't know why so I went.

That was when I became friends with Gabriel. He didn't want to have anything to do with my group so I hung out with him and showed Christ's love. This year I got to hang out with him. One day while we were outside watching the kids playing in the water, he told me that he didn't believe in God. I as not shocked by this because I guess last year that he didn't. I asked him If he had always never believed or just now not believing. He said that he use to believe, but now he is not believing. I asked why and he told me his story.

He said that when he as younger, he was abused by his parents. He said that he prayed to God to get him out of this, but he was never taken out of it. Years later he was finally taken out of this mess and was sent to live with his grandmother. I knew something was up with his family, but I was not quite sure. He wouldn't talk the rest of the VBS becuase he was emotionally overwhelmed with what he just said to me because I'm the first person besides his family that he told his story

It really hurt my heart and I cried for him because I went through the same thing he went through. He was like a new kid the next day. He said that he was very happy that I knew what he went through and I was able to understand what he was walking about. He said that he was relieved to get all that off of his chest. He is doing a lot better, but I ask that you all pray for him becuase he still needs love and people to talk to. We both are going to stay on touch so people pray for me about that because I want my words to be Christ centered. May God bless you all.
Brittney