Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Arizona



While I was in Arizona the past 2 weeks, God showed me how great and faithful He is. He allowed teams to go out and boldly proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ and how it is the only hope and unchanging truth in this world that we have. I had the opportunity to go into a couple of villages. The one that I was really excited about was Gunsight, because I had went there with a group from my church last year. The kids get older and it makes you really happy to see them and love on them, but what really stood out to me was how much they remember. When we interacted with them one on one and asked them questions about the gospel and their sin and what Christ had done to reconcile us to Himself, I could see the Holy Spirit at work. He was allowing them to recall and ponder the truth that was set before them about Jesus Christ through the Word of God. Even though none of those kids came to know God's grace in a saving way that last week that I am aware of, I know that God graciously allowed us to plant seeds that He will sow. Through continually speaking the gospel and showing it through our actions in the ways that we loved on the children and played with them,God will do what will most glorify Himself. And I praise Him for that. It reminded me oh so much about how we have no problem walking into an area such as that and being fully ready to proclaim that glorious truth yet how we won't branch out and walk next door and share that message of hope and salvation to our neighbor or doctor. God has
given me a deeper burden and desperation to reach the lost this week and humble
myself before Him who is great and able because I on my own am unworthy to
share the gospel. Yet encourages me to encourage you to cling to the cross of
Christ because He took what we deserved (the wrath of God) and our sinful souls are counted free. Therefore freeing us to share the gospel with boldness, lovingly obeying our GREAT KING.