Monday, July 13, 2009

Just a few days until Uganda!

Hey everyone! We only have a few more days until we leave for Uganda. I am all packed and ready to head to the Turner's home this afternoon. I look forward to sweet fellowship with that precious family and with the Africa team at our meeting tonight. Since returning from Arizona I have spent A LOT of time resting up for our trip to come. It has been wonderful to spend time with my family and friends here at home. They bring such encouragement and joy to my heart!

Something I want to share because I know everyone deals with it and you might benefit from me saying so is that I have also been dealing with attacks from the enemy during these past few days. He has tried to get me distracted by becoming worried over a situation in my life and in doing so shift my focus from The One I am to be focused on. God, however, is helping me to fight off those attacks and He is reminding me that I am to PRAISE HIM. Those are the words that I kept getting from him yesterday. When we are praising our Lord it is very difficult to worry about other things and to focus on ourselves. Moving my thoughts from the thing I was worried about to praising Him made the world of difference. Another way the enemy has attacked is through my continual struggle with my sinuses...in Arizona I had little trouble, but as soon as we got back home with all of the trees & grass my allergies started going crazy. I am praying that God will help me to overcome all of these obstacles and strengthen me through them. The enemy will do anything in his power to divert our attention from God's work, but praise God that He has overcome and is King over all! "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:32-33

I am really looking forward to Uganda and the work God will do there. He goes before us and behind us. We will be there to be His hands and feet for a short time, but I know His work is ongoing! God has placed inside of me a passion for people and for the nations, and I am so thankful that He has provided this opportunity for me to be able to travel to Africa and spread His Word there. I also am excited about experiencing an African worship service! :) Thank you again for your prayers for our team! I believe that praying for someone is the most powerful thing we can do for a person. I hope you have a blessed day!

Love in Christ,
Autumn