Sunday, July 12, 2009

Gearing up for Uganda

Hey everyone, Holly here!! I just wanted to fill yall in a little bit on how I personally have been preparing for our trip to Uganda in just a few days to come. Well, as you all know, I have just gotten back from working with the Tohono Od'dham people in Arizona where God is clearly at work in that nation. While going through the "Experiencing God" devotional workbook I have come to a better realization that God is always at work around us and is just waiting for us to join Him in His work. He wants to have an intimate love relationship with us that is real and personal. We just need to have the faith that God is in complete control. God has proven to me that he will provide for us and our greatest needs will be met if we fully put our trust in Him. When I first found out about this internship and the cost of the trips to both Arizona and Africa my initial thought was "there is no way this can happen" because with both my sister and I going this is an outragious amount of money. Let me tell you.. God is our Provider!! ALL of the travel expenses have been paid and the money still keeps coming. This extra money helps with all of the shots that we have to get in preparation for Africa and also all of the supplies as well. Now that I have been home from Arizona for a week I have been trying to prepare physically for the culture change to come in Uganda. Not to say that we haven't been eating properly but now we're just trying to eat as to store up enough food in case we get hungry while we're there :) haha!! and I'm trying to adjust myself to the living conditions as well, I think I might have also gone about three days without showering as to see just how it could possibly be. I'm just kidding.. I dont think it was quite 3 days. :) Well, I would ask that you would just please continue to keep us all in your prayers and we continue to go and do the work for the Kingdom of God.