Monday, September 13, 2010

Reflections On My Days...




Today marks my 43rd year alive on the planet. This morning as I have read messages, listened to encouraging words and experienced the love of my family, I have begun that process of reflection and looking forward.

I have reflected today on how the Father has blessed me with some amazing friendships and the most incredible family a man could possibly have. Just yesterday I was reminded by the Lord of His love for me and His overwhelming grace that has been demonstrated to me through friends and fellowship with close relationships that have come because of His love for me. I am a blessed man with many many things in my life to be thankful for every day!

I listened this morning to the lyrics, "this is my story this is my song...praising my Savior all the day long" and I am doing just that today. Yet, I have realized something in the midst of this reflection. In the middle of looking back on the ways the Father has taken care of me and guided me back to Himself time and time again, while looking back at the amazing ways He has blessed me with friends who are the same to me yesterday and today and will be in the days to come, while listening to His voice remind me of the sovereign control and freedom He has granted me in this life...I have an amazing opportunity!

I have an amazing opportunity to look to the future days and see His glory revealed in my journey. So many times we look at life through the lenses that have been clouded and colored by this world's struggles. We see situations and people with a less than perfect clarity because of our own past experiences. We have allowed the enemy to cloud our view and as a result we look at everything from a slightly wrong angle. This awkward angle causes us to respond in a completely different manner to all of life.

Well, today is the day the Lord has made! This is a day to rejoice and be glad in His grace and His mercy and His love. Even though I clearly understand that I bring nothing of value to the table with God in and of myself...In Christ I bring an eternal value that releases His Spirit to teach, guide and bless my life in many ways. The Father has marked my days and my journey. He has a plan to help me grow and become more like His Son everyday. The Lord has ordained the days of my life for His glory and for His purposes. So, what am I waiting for?

What is it that we all are waiting on to experience God in His fullness? Well, I know what I have been waiting on...ME! I have no power over the waves of the ocean. But I do have power over the waves of my emotions. I may not be in control of the clouds and the rain, but I am in control of the position of my life under the clouds of His Spirit as He pours out His Word and His blessing on my life. Today I choose to stand beneath the wings of the King and recognize my place at His table. It is time to start acting like His child and focusing on the future He has provided and stop trying to fix the past. This is my story and this is my song! He has ordained my days. He has mapped out for me a race that will end in victory. I have nothing to fear as a child of the King! It is time to live in the hope of the future and anticipate His glory being revealed in and through my life at every turn in this journey.

Today as you look forward, will you join me in releasing the grip you have on the things of the past. As the line in the Fellowship of the Unashamed states, "My past is redeemed, my present makes sense and my future is secure." It is time we walk fully in His light as a redeemed child of the King and face the coming days as the greatest days of our lives!

Thank you to all of those people who have been used by the Father to be a blessing to me. I cherish the memories and hope for the future. You have been a willing tool in the hands of the Master to help shape and form the journey He has allowed me to walk. Please know that I am thankful to my God upon every remembrance of you and eagerly await the next time in our journeys that He allows our paths to cross! Blessings to you all as we build His Kingdom together!

In His Grip,
JT