Monday, September 6, 2010

The Day Is Almost Gone...




As we sit and watch sunsets and marvel at their beauty, are we mindful of the days that are gone? Gone are the days of my youthful football career. Gone are the days of my worry-free eating of anything I wanted whenever I wanted it. Gone are the days of someone else thinking about tomorrow for me. Gone are the days of all night lock-ins with teenagers. Gone are many days of things I did when I was younger!

The more I ponder my days and consider how many are gone, the more I think about what each day I have in the future will hold. The sun is setting on many lives each day. This picture from Africa reminds me of how many children will close their eyes for the last time while you read this blog! The sun is setting on the day for the church. The Father has clearly given us a mission to reach the world! How are we going to finish this race He has set before us?



All across the globe the church is gathering. People in places all over the globe are seeking the Father in these last days. The church is alive and turning its heart to Him. In Uganda this summer as well as in Guatemala, I saw the church praying for revival. According to Henry Blackaby's model of revival the people of God have a choice to return to God for revival or to die! Across the globe men and women are returning to Him. Yes, world religions are on the rise and false prophets abound in every land. Religion is very popular in coffee shops and bars alike these days. The world has a very spiritual sense about her in this post-modern age.

Are you...am I taking advantage of the open hearts and minds that walk into my life's path every day? Do I see the people around my journey as those the Father is placing in my path specifically for me to speak to concerning the truth? Am I gathering with the church globally to humble myself, seek His face and pray, turn from my wicked ways and hear from heaven?





The time is at hand! The evening is coming and soon the sun will be gone! The time for the Body of Christ to rise to her feet and speak boldly the whole truth of God's Word is now! Will you join the gathering? Will you join the others around the foot of the cross? Will you go to Him as a small child with purity of heart, full expectation and complete dependence? The day is slowly fading away as we walk this journey. The darkness is creeping in on every side, thinking it has won! The Father is waiting to start the feast until all the children have come home. Will you join the search party as we go into all the nations seeking out the lost and hurting children of the Kingdom? Will you reach the world and teach His Word?

In His Grip,
JT