Saturday, January 1, 2011

Africa's Calling....






Since our first trip to Africa in 2007, it's been on our hearts and minds consistently. On that trip JT had prepared the team for not knowing what we would do, what we would eat or where we would sleep. So, we boarded the plane not knowing much but preparing for God to direct our every move...and we were blessed beyond measure. As with all trips there was little to no access to the outside world via technology, and it was refreshing to see how little we missed it. All of the distractions were gone, and we could totally focus on God's plan for us. What an incredible time of total dependence on the Father, late nights discussing His Word, and amazing hours of prayer! Oh, to be in that place here...I LONG for that. I commit to that.

Again Africa is calling to us, but this time for a different reason. We are boarding a plane on January 17th to head to Uganda. JT has been multiple times, but this will be my first trip (Sheryl). I'm eager to see all of our friends and to soak up the culture again. I LOVE Africa...I've prayed that God would send me there for the rest of my life...I adore the culture, the pace of life, and the people.

But, this time we're going to adopt our two youngest children, Zeke and Elly. They are not biologically related to each other and have never met. They are our children already, and we long for them to be here. We are following God's direction to adopt them. We will be the ones who are blessed. We are humbled and excited and scared and honored....

None of the pictures above are our children, but you won't have to wait long. We covet your prayers and thank all of our OWM team for walking this road with us. We are amazed at God's faithfulness and grace...to Him alone be all the praise!!!