Monday, February 17, 2014

Be Still

Be Still
2014 is coming in like a lion in my part of the country. I reside in Western Kentucky and we have had arough winter here. As I currently write this, I am snowed in with 4-5 inches and a thick layer of ice over the top of that. We have missed so much school in our area and the wind is bitter cold. I can’t remember a winter like this since I was a child! 
Now, don’t get me wrong, I am not complaining. I have actually been blessed by this occurrence  You see, as we do from time to time, I had gotten to a place where I needed to slow down. I needed to have some unspoken-for-time to rest, regroup, refocus and reconnect. I had gotten so busy in the daily regimen of planning and goal-setting and meeting immediate daily needs that I was neglecting some of the moreimportant things in life. 
I had not forgotten my relationship with Christ or the priority that he takes in my life, but I had forgotten to take time to… ‘Be Still’. (I am guilty Lord and I know better! ) For in that stillness, we see Him at work, we see him around us, we see who he is placing before us for us to impact for His glory. 
Christ tells us in Job 6:24, “Teach me, and I will be silent; make me understand how I have gone astray.”  
Do you need to be still today? Or is it going to take a proverbial “snow/ice storm” to slow you down? He is waiting patiently for all of us to just get quiet and listen to his still small words. How will he use you to impact the kingdom this year? Have you heard His voice telling you His plan? This is his goal for our lives, he has a plan. Will you join him in that plan? I urge you to ‘Be still’ and listen to him and then follow his direction. 
“Be still and know I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!” (Psalm 46:10)

One Way Ministries has several opportunities that are still available for you to serve in 2014. Will you honor Him in this way? 
March 22-29- One team is needed in New Mexico to work alongside our partners at Tohatchi Baptist Church and their native pastor, Aaron Jim. This would involve some construction work as well as some community outreach.  The people in New Mexico struggle financially and the winters prove to be very hard in this part of the country. We will focus on helping Pastor Aaron and the Tohatchi Baptist Church on ministering to the communities surrounding the church by repair work on homes, distributing food and wood for them to stay warm, and outreach events to encourage the church and reach the community for Christ. 
March 22-29, Another team is needed to go to Guatemala and work alongside Pastor Morales at the New Jerusalen Church, our missionary family Greg and Kathy Brown and the mission church in Sajcavilla. This is an annual women's trip with a strong focus on home visits, children’s ministry, and women's ministry events.
 June 21-28- We need about 10 more people for a trip to New Mexico. Again, this will be serving Tohatchi Baptist Church and Pastor Aaron Jim. Focus this week will be on VBS in the area of Naschitti, as well as a Women’s Conference and VBS in the Tohatchi area. There will also be some construction work as well as some outreach in the communities surrounding the church. 
July 11-26- A team of 10-15 is needed to go to Uganda. We plan to work alongside a partner church just outside of Kampala. We will also spend some time with Save Street Children Uganda and seek to better understand how to support the outreach to street children in the city of Kampala. This is a ministry that rescues children from the street and gets them into a home setting and into school. We will also be involved with an orphan care ministry. While there, we also plan to visit with s ministry doing work in the Gulu area where they are building a ministry base to include orphan care, church, school and a clinic. 
July 19-26- We need about 10 more people to serve in Guatemala. This will be serving the New Jerusalen Church and working alongside Pastor Morales and our missionary family, Greg & Kathy Brown. We will serve the mission church in Sajcavilla and focus on home visits and children’s ministry.
July 26-Aug. 2-We need about 10 more people to serve in Guatemala. This trip will be much like the week before and will be very important to continue the work that this team began.  
November 1-8 - We are already recruiting for a very important trip to Guatemala to include a medical clinic, children's ministry, construction and home visits.  

I am here to help you, however I can. I thank God for you and how He is using you to impact the kingdom. If you see a trip above that you feel God moving you toward, please do not hesitate to contact me. I will walk you through it and perhaps work alongside you on that trip. My email address iskaren.katchuk@gmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you very soon! 
Many Blessings, 
Karen Katchuk - Director of Team Development for One Way Ministries